1. Buy a stronger whip.
2. Change riders. (Preferably, to one with an MBA)
3. Harness several dead horses together to increase speed.
4. Appoint a committee to study horse performance in context - past, present and how it's done in Europe, Japan and China. Issue a white paper.
5. Develop a series of training sessions to increase managers' riding abilities.
6. Hire outside contractors to ride the dead horse. (Or ship it to Bangladore and have it ridden there.)
7. Request that a major vendor develop a product to make dead horses run faster.
8. Provide additional funding to increase the horse's performance.
9. Form a Brainstorm Circle to find profit-enhancing uses for dead horses.